EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Michael Allison, a.k.a. Darshan Ambient, in intensive care

BillBinkelman
Very Cool Member

usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:57 am    Michael Allison, a.k.a. Darshan Ambient, in intensive care Reply with quoteBack to top

For those of you who have enjoyed the many ambient soundscapes (beautiful ones, IMO) of Darshan Ambient, you may want to know that the man behind the pseudonym of Darshan Ambient, Michael Allison, who lives in California, is gravely ill and has been in intensive care since Friday. I received an email from his wife, Nicky, this morning. Precious little is known except he is fighting a disease that is very serious.

I will post updates here as they come to me for anyone who is interested.

Please keep Michael and his family in your thoughts and prayers and send your positive energy out to him as he battles to beat whatever it is that has him in such a serious condition.

My sincere thanks.

Bill Binkelman

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website    
RemoteViewing81
One of the Coolest Member

usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:54 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you Bill.

My thoughts and prayers are with Michael. I have 2 of his CD's and enjoy them very much.

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
VCO1

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:08 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

That's very bad news.

Please keep us updated.

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
ambientlive

blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:49 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

All the best wishes and hopes for a full recovery

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
Phrozenlight

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:21 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« ambientlive » wrote:
All the best wishes and hopes for a full recovery

amen

HiddenView user's profileSend private message    
Bert

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:58 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Bill, I'm sad to hear this, I hope he will recover soon;
Michael has made some very nice ambient releases in the past, and it would be very sad if the EM-community would lose another musician in so short time.......
Please send my hopes to him & his family.

BillBinkelman
Very Cool Member

usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:04 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Here's the latest news from Michael's wife, Nicky, on his medical condition:

"It's pass midnight and I just got home from the hospital. Michael is still in ICU, high fever is on/off, blood pressure is still fluctuating and still has the tube down his throat. His wedding ring was also cut due to swelling.

Yesterday afternoon, Michael was diagnosed with an abscessed in the left lobe of his liver. He was immediately given another antibiotics to prevent it from spreading. Today, Michael's white blood cells count has gone down (which is good news) and more tests were taken including ultra sound. At 5pm today, the doctor told me that they are not sure if Michael can handle the surgery at this time so it will need to be put off. The doctor also mentioned that they may need to remove his gall bladder.

At about 10 pm, I was informed that the surgeon reviewed the test results taken today and requested for my consent to perform a CT guided needle aspiration on his liver tomorrow morning.

This is all for today. Thank you once again for caring for Michael."

M@kz Delissen
Obscurist

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:43 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Keep us posted, Bill, and thanks for sharing information. Please tell Nicky that my thoughts are with them and their family...
musical thief & thoroughly bad guy

blank.gif

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:07 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

*This* is the nasty bit of existence, and seeing a fellow musician suffer always reminds me of how fragile this incarnation is...

My regards to his loved ones,

Stephen.

HiddenView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
BillBinkelman
Very Cool Member

usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:39 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Here's the latest update from Nicky Allison, regarding Michael's condition:

Wednesday April 4, 2007

At about noon Michael was given platelets. The abscess in Michael's liver was then removed and Michael is OK. The doctor said that it

BillBinkelman
Very Cool Member

usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:18 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Nicky Allison just sent out the following email updating Michael's condition. It would appear that he is at least on the road to recovery. I will contonue to post upates as I get them.

"Very early Friday morning, the doctor 'slowly' stop the sleeping meds and blood pressure meds. Twelve hours later, the tube was removed. Michael woke up Friday evening and was very disoriented. The nurse asked Michael "Who is this woman next to me?" Michael replied, "my wife".

Michael stayed stable and fever was gone therefore was released from ICU Saturday at 3pm. My husband still has a drain for his liver, taking pain meds and will need lots of physical therapy.

But YES!! yes!!! YES!!! .... my husband is working his way to "recovery".

"No words can describe the way I feel" and I have all of you to thank. I would have never made it without your support. THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

Nicky Allison
"

RemoteViewing81

usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:43 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Very Good News....

dronescape
musical thief & thoroughly bad guy

blank.gif

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:37 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

That

HiddenView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
Parallel Worlds

greece.gif

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:15 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

i really wish that Michael will Get Well Soon!
www.dohkonul-records.com

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteYahoo Messenger    
BillBinkelman
Very Cool Member

usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:17 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

This will probably be my last update, at least it appears so, since the word from Nicky is very good at this point (this arrived yesterday). Maybe Michael will drop in on us and say "Hi" when he feels up to it. I would think within a week or so emails sent to his account would be welcome. darshanambient@comcast.net

Hello Everyone,

Michael is doing GREAT and might be able to go home tomorrow!!!!

Once again, thank you so much for all the emails (which I printed for Michael's journal), phone calls and hospital visits. The next email will be from my husband.

Bye and Thank you!
Nicky Allison

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2019 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2019 CBACK.de