EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Sonolab 191 - Livestream / On Demand Stream

ChrisX
Very Cool Member

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:15 pm    Sonolab 191 - Livestream / On Demand Stream Reply with quoteBack to top

The show is on every Sunday evening from 19:00 hrs to 20:00 hrs and tonight it will be another themed show this one dealing with the issue of Time:

* Steve Roach - Time For Time
from the album Now / Traveler (label: Fortuna Records)

* Steve Roach & Michael Shrieve - The Leaving Time
from the album The Leaving Time (label: RCA)

* Node - Clock
from the album Node (label: Deviant)

* Slowdive - Trellisaze
from the album Pygmalion (label: Creation Records)

* Global Communication - 14:31
from the album 76:14 (label: Sanctuary Records)

* Michael Stearns - Chronos (Finale)
from the album Chronos (label: SonicAtmoSpheres)

Click on "Live stream" in the left column or for a week after broadcast the whole show is available as an On Demand Stream from the website of our radiostation. Where can you find all that? Well, here of course:

http://www.omroepalmelo.nl/sonolab/

and then click "Luister naar uitzending gemist" in the middle of the screen. A second window will open up (might be that you have to accept that through your pop-up killer) and the show starts (with a bit of that evenings 19:00 hours news first).

Check in if you have the time and let me know what you think of the show.

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
Vignoble @ Co.
Site Admin

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:41 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Great track playing now. Can you shed some light (artist/track)?

Thx

https://twitter.com/emportal

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website    
ChrisX
Very Cool Member

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:47 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Vignoble @ Co. » wrote:

Thx

The one with the ticking clock right before the Michael Stearns piece (now playing) was Global Communication. The 76:14 album is IMHO an e-music masterpiece. Be sure to get the 2-cd edition (should be readily available on Amazon.co.uk) because there are some gorgeous ambient pieces on the second disc that were a precursor to this album.

Vignoble @ Co.
Site Admin

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:39 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« ChrisX » wrote:

Thx

The one with the ticking clock right before the Michael Stearns piece (now playing) was Global Communication. The 76:14 album is IMHO an e-music masterpiece. Be sure to get the 2-cd edition (should be readily available on Amazon.co.uk) because there are some gorgeous ambient pieces on the second disc that were a precursor to this album.

Thanks Christian!

Never heard of this band but the music is absolutely stunning!! Listening to 8:07 now via Spotify but I am definitely going to order the album (the 2CD is currently out of stock). The music sounds like a modern version of TD (their music from the early eighties but composed and realized in the mid nineties by one of their 'reincarnations')

Great tunes and beautiful production!

anybody here familiar with this band and their music?

highly recommended

https://twitter.com/emportal

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website    
VCO1
One of the Coolest Member

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:22 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

anybody here familiar with this band and their music?

Yep. 76:14 is indeed a great album. I'm not familiar with the 2 disc edition, but I'm totally happy with my 'original' version.

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
phaedra2008
One of the Coolest Member

australia.gif

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:43 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

76:14 is excellent, released in 1994 it's timeless and is like a concept album, it needs to be listened to in a session rather than extract tracks.
My copy is a single Cd with 10 tracks on Dedicated records, I didn't know a 2CD version existed so here I go again chasing something new from the past.
Thanks for bringing this up.
PS
Another one with a similar feel although more dynamic is Future Sound Of London-Cascade EP CD from 1996.

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2019 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2020 CBACK.de