EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Sonolab 209 - Livestream / On Demand Stream

ChrisX
Very Cool Member

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:15 pm    Sonolab 209 - Livestream / On Demand Stream Reply with quoteBack to top

Episode 209 of Sonolab features the titletrack from the album Pharos by Dutch duo Par Example. They were totally unknown to me as of a few weeks ago. A local recordstore is having a blow-out sale and for some reason they had several copies of this album in their sale bin. I knew the label, Quantum Records, but never heard of Par Example so I took a gamble (€ 3.00 hardly constitutes a big gamble) and boy what a surprise. Lovely, lovely album.

Hence the following playlist:

* Par Example - Pharos : a) First
from the album Pharos (label: Quantum Records)

* Roach, Steve - The Unbroken Promise (excerpt)
from the album Pure Flow (label: Timeroom Editions)

* Dweller At The Threshold - The Full Boundary Condition Part 3
from the album Full Boundary Condition (label: Quantum Records)

* Par Example - Phars : b) Middle

* Dweller At The Threshold - The Full Boundary Condition Part 4
from the album Full Boundary Condition (label: Quantum Records)

* Roach, Steve - The Unbroken Promise (excerpt)
from the album Pure Flow (label: Timeroom Editions)

* Par Example - Phars : b) Final

How can I listen to the show? Go here

If you want to listen live then check in around 19:00 (Central European Time) and click on "Live Stream" which you can find in the left column of the screen. However, the whole show is also available within minutes after 20:00 as an On Demand Stream. For that click on Sonolab in the list of programs in the middle of the screen. A second window will open up (might be that you have to accept that through your pop-up killer) and the show starts (with a bit of that evenings 19:00 hours news first).

Check in if you have the time and let me know what you think of the show.

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
Vignoble @ Co.
Site Admin

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:46 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Nice track started around 19:35 h.

Who is the musician?

https://twitter.com/emportal

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website    
VCO1
One of the Coolest Member

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:51 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Par Example were very good. I've been following them since their first cassette release In White Sharp from 1988. Saw them a couple of times live too and these were excellent concerts. A pity they quit.
OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
ChrisX
Very Cool Member

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:43 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Vignoble @ Co. » wrote:

Who is the musician?

According to my playlist that should have been Dweller At The Threshold with a track from their 3 cd set Full Boundary Condition which is basically their first 2 albums PLUS another album with at that point unreleased material. Later on they did one more album, Ouroborous, for the Hypnos label which also comes highly recommended. They sorta fall in the Berlin School of things but without sounding retro. Hmmm... the US equivalent of Node is maybe a good description.

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
Vignoble @ Co.
Site Admin

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:42 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« ChrisX » wrote:
« Vignoble @ Co. » wrote:

Who is the musician?

According to my playlist that should have been Dweller At The Threshold with a track from their 3 cd set Full Boundary Condition which is basically their first 2 albums PLUS another album with at that point unreleased material. Later on they did one more album, Ouroborous, for the Hypnos label which also comes highly recommended. They sorta fall in the Berlin School of things but without sounding retro. Hmmm... the US equivalent of Node is maybe a good description.

thanks

https://twitter.com/emportal

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website    

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2019 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2020 CBACK.de