EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

What to do in case of access problems

Vignoble @ Co.
Site Admin

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:05 pm    What to do in case of access problems Reply with quoteBack to top

If you have difficulties to access the Portal site please send us an e-mail message to the flw. addresses :

vco1@emportal.info (Stef)

vignoble@emportal.info (Koos)

Thank you

on behalf of EM Portal

Koos van Wijngaarden

https://twitter.com/emportal

Last edited by Vignoble @ Co. on Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:49 pm; edited 4 times in total

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website    
René

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:39 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Indeed. I received a message from Stein about the access problems of Artemi. I have no idea. For me everybody is welcome.
Jon
One of the Coolest Member

norway.gif

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:56 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I have also heard that some folks from the official TD board have problems registering on this forum.
VCO1

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:23 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Jon » wrote:
I have also heard that some folks from the official TD board have problems registering on this forum.

Can you point out what problems exactly? Do they have difficulties accessing the website -- so they don't see anything after entering emportal.info in the url bar of ther browser -- or with the actual registration process.

If it's the registration process, what issues do they have (error messages)?

Please provide us with a much information as possible so we can look into the issues.

Thanks,
VCO1

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
Heavyman1
Very Cool Member

blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:37 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Majority of the time I can't get on at home, but I have no trouble accessing the forum from my PC at work.
OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
Jon

norway.gif

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:27 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« VCO1 » wrote:
« Jon » wrote:

Can you point out what problems exactly? Do they have difficulties accessing the website -- so they don't see anything after entering emportal.info in the url bar of ther browser -- or with the actual registration process.

If it's the registration process, what issues do they have (error messages)?

Please provide us with a much information as possible so we can look into the issues.

Thanks,
VCO1

I really don't know the details about this. You can register at the forum at www.tangerinedream-music.com and ask them... Smile

VCO1

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:28 pm    Use a different DNS server Reply with quoteBack to top

It seems there are still some people that have difficulties in reaching emportal.info. That's a pity of course!

What could help, is selecting a different Domain Name Server (DNS). It could be that the one that is assigned to you by your ISP, doesnot know of the existence of emportal.info.

OpenDNS is a free and very good alternative Domain Name Server, that even offers some extras that are usually not included in your default DNS. It's supposedly faster as well. :-)

On their website you can find detailed instructions on how to change your Domain Name Server, either on your (Win/Mac) computer, or your router.

So, if you encounter any problems in reaching your favourite EM Portal (like "404 not found" errors), have a look at www.opendns.org.

Please note that we're also working with our host to see what we can do to fix these problems from our side.

Thanks,
VCO1

modulator_esp

uk.gif

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:57 am    Re: Use a different DNS server Reply with quoteBack to top

« VCO1 » wrote:
It seems there are still some people that have difficulties in reaching emportal.info. That's a pity of course!

What could help, is selecting a different Domain Name Server (DNS). It could be that the one that is assigned to you by your ISP, doesnot know of the existence of emportal.info.

OpenDNS is a free and very good alternative Domain Name Server, that even offers some extras that are usually not included in your default DNS. It's supposedly faster as well. Smile

On their website you can find detailed instructions on how to change your Domain Name Server, either on your (Win/Mac) computer, or your router.

So, if you encounter any problems in reaching your favourite EM Portal (like "404 not found" errors), have a look at www.opendns.org.

Please note that we're also working with our host to see what we can do to fix these problems from our side.

Thanks,
VCO1

I tried this at home and I still get nowhere

Syn303

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:05 am    Re: Use a different DNS server Reply with quoteBack to top

« VCO1 » wrote:

It's not a pity... in essence this forum is as dull as the old one was.

1) Run by the dutch again

2) Same boring topics over and over and over and over again.

3) There is alienation of UK EM artists, ie: dutch EM artists only section.

4) Posts are locked quickly and deleted without any rational explanation.

4 basic reasons not to sign up to this dull biased forum.

And if this post gets deleted without explanation, then I am right about what i said above.

VCO1

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:36 am    Re: Use a different DNS server Reply with quoteBack to top

« Syn303 » wrote:

It's not a pity... in essence this forum is as dull as the old one was.

1) Run by the dutch again

2) Same boring topics over and over and over and over again.

3) There is alienation of UK EM artists, ie: dutch EM artists only section.

4) Posts are locked quickly and deleted without any rational explanation.

4 basic reasons not to sign up to this dull biased forum.

And if this post gets deleted without explanation, then I am right about what i said above.

Hi Syn,

Glad to see you like it here (thanks for your 44 posts in 2 months). Wink

Answering your 4 basic concerns with this site:
1. Yes, it is. I personally don't see that as a problem (obviously). Can't imagine things were different if we (Koos and I) were from China.
2. Feel free to start another topic on a subject that you like (EM related of course). As you can see on the forum, our 'definition' of EM is pretty broad, so there ain't much you can't talk about here (as long as a synth is used...).
3. I disagree. We have and had several topics on our 'frontpage' regarding non-Dutch EM (Dreamaiden, Altus, Create, ['ramp]). The music in our Virtual Jukebox consists of 90% non-Dutch artists. Besides, EMPortal is completely independent. We have no (business) relationship with any musician or label, either from Holland or from any other place. Again, feel free to post something on the UK scene.
4. This is definitely not true. The only topics that were deleted lately (as in: the last 8 weeks or more) have been spam. And I hope you agree that we shouldn't allow any posts on "male organ enhancers" or naked ladies over here. If you like to read about that, there's plenty of sites to explore.

Anyway, there is no reason for anyone to visit this place if they don't like it. Of course we sincerely hope some people will have a good time here and will share their opinions on electronic music and everything related.

Is EMPortal.info perfect? Definitely not! But that's hard to expect from a site that started without a clear plan and is only a couple of months old. We do our best to listen to the users and are open to any suggestions to improve the site. And the statistics show we're not doing too bad.

Last edited by VCO1 on Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:41 am; edited 1 time in total

VCO1

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:39 am    Re: Use a different DNS server Reply with quoteBack to top

« modulator_esp » wrote:

What error message do you get?
Are you able to ping the site from home?

Any information which could help us solving this issue is highly appreciated.

modulator_esp

uk.gif

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:05 pm    Re: Use a different DNS server Reply with quoteBack to top

« VCO1 » wrote:
« modulator_esp » wrote:

What error message do you get?
Are you able to ping the site from home?

Any information which could help us solving this issue is highly appreciated.

I get a 'page cannot be displayed'

How do I 'ping' the site?

modulator_esp

uk.gif

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:20 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Tried this: http://www.just-ping.com/index.php?vh=www.emportal.info&s=ping%21

Doesn't look too healthy

VCO1

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:05 pm    Re: Use a different DNS server Reply with quoteBack to top

« modulator_esp » wrote:

Assuming you're using Windows:
Go to Start -> Run...
In the Open dialog box type: cmd <enter>
At the prompt you get, type: ping emportal.info <enter>

If all's well, you should get a few lines with response times. If not, you'll get a message "Ping request could not find host emportal.info. Please check the name and try again."

Thanks for trying. This helps us tracking down the problem.

modulator_esp

uk.gif

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:09 pm    Re: Use a different DNS server Reply with quoteBack to top

« VCO1 » wrote:
« modulator_esp » wrote:

Assuming you're using Windows:
Go to Start -> Run...
In the Open dialog box type: cmd <enter>
At the prompt you get, type: ping emportal.info <enter>

If all's well, you should get a few lines with response times. If not, you'll get a message "Ping request could not find host emportal.info. Please check the name and try again."

Thanks for trying. This helps us tracking down the problem.

Will give this a go when I get home

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2019 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2019 CBACK.de