EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

 Whats your first CD/LP you bought

Post new topicReply to topic
Author Message
Jo
New Member




Age: 60
Joined: 24 Apr 2012
Posts: 4


denmark.gif

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 5:31 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

first single was from Gert and Hermien Timmermans / Waarom heeft men op het stadhuis dat verzwegen.
My mother was Dutch.

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
Kloos
One of the Coolest Member





Joined: 09 May 2007
Posts: 772
Location: Leek, Grunn


netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 5:45 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Happy Birthday Jo!

The first album I ever bought was a Radio 538 compilation album with 'Thunderclap Newman - Something In The Air' on it...

_________________
Cosmic Grunn: http://www.cosmicgrunn.nl/.

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website    
dronescape
musical thief & thoroughly bad guy




Age: 47
Joined: 05 Feb 2007
Posts: 4495
Location: Bobbejaanland, hèt lekkerste land!


blank.gif

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 6:51 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Jo » wrote:
first single was from Gert and Hermien Timmermans / Waarom heeft men op het stadhuis dat verzwegen.
My mother was Dutch.


Sounds pretty much like something in the vein of "Kom van dat dak af!".

Stephen

_________________
"The things you own end up owning you." (Tyler Durden -- Fight Club)

HiddenView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
qube
Cool Member




Age: 46
Joined: 01 Nov 2009
Posts: 99
Location: Leeds


uk.gif

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 1:19 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

First LP I bought was Status Quo's Back to Back Embarassed

First CD was Seal's Crazy

First EM LP was (IIRC) JMJ's Oxygene, Equinoxe, Magnetic Fields, Concerts in China, Zoolook, Essential, Rendez Vous & Rendez Vous Houston which I bought all at the same time upon discovering his music.

Last CD I bought was Loom

Last LP was God is an Astronaut by God is an Astronaut.

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger    
pjtmusic
One of the Coolest Member




Age: 64
Joined: 20 May 2007
Posts: 860
Location: Worcestershire


uk.gif

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 5:25 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

First album.

Handle with Care a sampler album by Probe Records 1970.

Last Album.

Epica - Requiem for the Indifferent 2012.

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
REWO Records
One of the Coolest Member




Age: 48
Joined: 16 May 2011
Posts: 1659


netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 5:42 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« dronescape » wrote:
« Jo » wrote:
first single was from Gert and Hermien Timmermans / Waarom heeft men op het stadhuis dat verzwegen.
My mother was Dutch.


Sounds pretty much like something in the vein of "Kom van dat dak af!".

Stephen


Nope more like Rob de Nijs "het werd zomer"

_________________
Rene van der Wouden's music http://rene-vanderwouden.bandcamp.com | www.rewo.bandcamp.com |

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
transceive
Member





Joined: 03 Jan 2010
Posts: 46


blank.gif

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 11:10 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

1st CD: Klaus Schulze - Drive Inn, a few months before I had a CD player 1987
Last CD: Ultravox - Brilliant

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
Jon
One of the Coolest Member




Age: 45
Joined: 03 Feb 2007
Posts: 2173
Location: Kristiansand, Norway


norway.gif

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 4:06 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« qube » wrote:
First LP I bought was Status Quo's Back to Back Embarassed

First CD was Seal's Crazy

First EM LP was (IIRC) JMJ's Oxygene, Equinoxe, Magnetic Fields, Concerts in China, Zoolook, Essential, Rendez Vous & Rendez Vous Houston which I bought all at the same time upon discovering his music.

Last CD I bought was Loom

Last LP was God is an Astronaut by God is an Astronaut.


Do you mean the Crazy CD-single, or Seal's album which is simply titled Seal?

_________________
There's no such thing in the world as the right decision.

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website    
barbakane
Cool Member





Joined: 18 Jun 2011
Posts: 102


netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 7:09 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« BruecknerAmbient » wrote:
First (music) LP was John Williams' soundtrack of "Return of the Jedi" - but it was by mistake: I was still a boy (11, I think...oh, wait: it must have been 1983, so I already was 13. Strange...), however, I believed it was an "audio play" (or however that is called in English - we call it "Hörspiel"). I had one from the first Star Wars movie and loved that...
.


I once had the picture disk "the Story of star wars" with lord fahter on the a side and C3PO and rd2d2 on the other side. Also had the soundtrack of return of the Jedi with a nice poster. in total i did not have a lot of lp's and singles. (sold the bunch except my single of Jan Hammer Crockett's for sentimetal reason's when i first put that one on my player, my dad sad"is that music" Wwhen i started buying music,cd's where the new thing and the DCC cassete of philips and the mini disk from sony. I stuck with cd's

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
Ron
One of the Coolest Member




Age: 57
Joined: 09 Feb 2007
Posts: 1032
Location: Best. Netherlands


netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 7:15 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I think it was Crime of the Century by Supertramp but it could also be Lamb lies down on Broadway by Genisis or Ommadawn from Oldfield.
Could have been all three at once also but on of these for sure!!

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website    
qube
Cool Member




Age: 46
Joined: 01 Nov 2009
Posts: 99
Location: Leeds


uk.gif

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 12:40 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Jon » wrote:
« qube » wrote:
First LP I bought was Status Quo's Back to Back Embarassed

First CD was Seal's Crazy

First EM LP was (IIRC) JMJ's Oxygene, Equinoxe, Magnetic Fields, Concerts in China, Zoolook, Essential, Rendez Vous & Rendez Vous Houston which I bought all at the same time upon discovering his music.

Last CD I bought was Loom

Last LP was God is an Astronaut by God is an Astronaut.


Do you mean the Crazy CD-single, or Seal's album which is simply titled Seal?


The single, it was an EP version with about 15 different versions of the track on.

I bought the album but TBH the single had a different production quality and sounded much better.

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger    
Jon
One of the Coolest Member




Age: 45
Joined: 03 Feb 2007
Posts: 2173
Location: Kristiansand, Norway


norway.gif

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:30 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« qube » wrote:
« Jon » wrote:
« qube » wrote:
First LP I bought was Status Quo's Back to Back Embarassed

First CD was Seal's Crazy

First EM LP was (IIRC) JMJ's Oxygene, Equinoxe, Magnetic Fields, Concerts in China, Zoolook, Essential, Rendez Vous & Rendez Vous Houston which I bought all at the same time upon discovering his music.

Last CD I bought was Loom

Last LP was God is an Astronaut by God is an Astronaut.


Do you mean the Crazy CD-single, or Seal's album which is simply titled Seal?


The single, it was an EP version with about 15 different versions of the track on.

I bought the album but TBH the single had a different production quality and sounded much better.


Yes, Crazy is a brilliant tune, with a timeless Trevor Horn (and Mark Mancina) production. I also like tracks like Future Love Paradise, Violet and The Beginning from the album.

_________________
There's no such thing in the world as the right decision.

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website    
Jon
One of the Coolest Member




Age: 45
Joined: 03 Feb 2007
Posts: 2173
Location: Kristiansand, Norway


norway.gif

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:31 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« barbakane » wrote:
« BruecknerAmbient » wrote:
First (music) LP was John Williams' soundtrack of "Return of the Jedi" - but it was by mistake: I was still a boy (11, I think...oh, wait: it must have been 1983, so I already was 13. Strange...), however, I believed it was an "audio play" (or however that is called in English - we call it "Hörspiel"). I had one from the first Star Wars movie and loved that...
.


I once had the picture disk "the Story of star wars" with lord fahter on the a side and C3PO and rd2d2 on the other side. Also had the soundtrack of return of the Jedi with a nice poster. in total i did not have a lot of lp's and singles. (sold the bunch except my single of Jan Hammer Crockett's for sentimetal reason's when i first put that one on my player, my dad sad"is that music" Wwhen i started buying music,cd's where the new thing and the DCC cassete of philips and the mini disk from sony. I stuck with cd's


He said "is that music?" to Crockett's Theme? Man, that is Music with a capital M! Surprised

_________________
There's no such thing in the world as the right decision.

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website    
Oenyaw
New Member




Age: 61
Joined: 12 May 2012
Posts: 3


usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 12:34 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Simon and Garfunkle "Bridge Over Troubled Water." It was new, I was 12.
OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
wmri
Very Cool Member





Joined: 03 Dec 2009
Posts: 177
Location: Interstellar


russia.gif

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 2:24 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Jean Michel Jarre - En Attendant Cousteau (yes, with French title). Bought around 1995 with first CD player from Panasonic.
_________________
Image

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website    
Display posts from previous:      
Post new topicReply to topic


 Jump to:   



Show permissions


© 2007-2019 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2020 CBACK.de
Powered by Orion based on phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
FI Theme Converted by U.K. Forumimages
All times are GMT + 2 Hours