EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Whats your first CD/LP you bought

Jo

denmark.gif

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 5:31 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

first single was from Gert and Hermien Timmermans / Waarom heeft men op het stadhuis dat verzwegen.
My mother was Dutch.

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
Kloos
One of the Coolest Member

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 5:45 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Happy Birthday Jo!

The first album I ever bought was a Radio 538 compilation album with 'Thunderclap Newman - Something In The Air' on it...

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website    
dronescape
musical thief & thoroughly bad guy

blank.gif

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 6:51 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Jo » wrote:
first single was from Gert and Hermien Timmermans / Waarom heeft men op het stadhuis dat verzwegen.
My mother was Dutch.

Sounds pretty much like something in the vein of "Kom van dat dak af!".

Stephen

HiddenView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
qube
Cool Member

uk.gif

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 1:19 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

First LP I bought was Status Quo's Back to Back Embarassed

First CD was Seal's Crazy

First EM LP was (IIRC) JMJ's Oxygene, Equinoxe, Magnetic Fields, Concerts in China, Zoolook, Essential, Rendez Vous & Rendez Vous Houston which I bought all at the same time upon discovering his music.

Last CD I bought was Loom

Last LP was God is an Astronaut by God is an Astronaut.

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger    
pjtmusic

uk.gif

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 5:25 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

First album.

Handle with Care a sampler album by Probe Records 1970.

Last Album.

Epica - Requiem for the Indifferent 2012.

REWO Records

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 5:42 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« dronescape » wrote:
« Jo » wrote:
My mother was Dutch.

Sounds pretty much like something in the vein of "Kom van dat dak af!".

Stephen

Nope more like Rob de Nijs "het werd zomer"

transceive

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 11:10 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

1st CD: Klaus Schulze - Drive Inn, a few months before I had a CD player 1987
Last CD: Ultravox - Brilliant

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
Jon

norway.gif

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 4:06 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« qube » wrote:

First EM LP was (IIRC) JMJ's Oxygene, Equinoxe, Magnetic Fields, Concerts in China, Zoolook, Essential, Rendez Vous & Rendez Vous Houston which I bought all at the same time upon discovering his music.

Do you mean the Crazy CD-single, or Seal's album which is simply titled Seal?

barbakane
Cool Member

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 7:09 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« BruecknerAmbient » wrote:
First (music) LP was John Williams' soundtrack of "Return of the Jedi" - but it was by mistake: I was still a boy (11, I think...oh, wait: it must have been 1983, so I already was 13. Strange...), however, I believed it was an "audio play" (or however that is called in English - we call it "Hörspiel"). I had one from the first Star Wars movie and loved that...

I once had the picture disk "the Story of star wars" with lord fahter on the a side and C3PO and rd2d2 on the other side. Also had the soundtrack of return of the Jedi with a nice poster. in total i did not have a lot of lp's and singles. (sold the bunch except my single of Jan Hammer Crockett's for sentimetal reason's when i first put that one on my player, my dad sad"is that music" Wwhen i started buying music,cd's where the new thing and the DCC cassete of philips and the mini disk from sony. I stuck with cd's

Ron

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 7:15 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I think it was Crime of the Century by Supertramp but it could also be Lamb lies down on Broadway by Genisis or Ommadawn from Oldfield.
Could have been all three at once also but on of these for sure!!

qube
Cool Member

uk.gif

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 12:40 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Jon » wrote:
« qube » wrote:

The single, it was an EP version with about 15 different versions of the track on.

I bought the album but TBH the single had a different production quality and sounded much better.

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger    
Jon

norway.gif

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:30 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« qube » wrote:
« Jon » wrote:
« qube » wrote:

The single, it was an EP version with about 15 different versions of the track on.

I bought the album but TBH the single had a different production quality and sounded much better.

Yes, Crazy is a brilliant tune, with a timeless Trevor Horn (and Mark Mancina) production. I also like tracks like Future Love Paradise, Violet and The Beginning from the album.

Jon

norway.gif

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:31 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« barbakane » wrote:
« BruecknerAmbient » wrote:
First (music) LP was John Williams' soundtrack of "Return of the Jedi" - but it was by mistake: I was still a boy (11, I think...oh, wait: it must have been 1983, so I already was 13. Strange...), however, I believed it was an "audio play" (or however that is called in English - we call it "Hörspiel"). I had one from the first Star Wars movie and loved that...

I once had the picture disk "the Story of star wars" with lord fahter on the a side and C3PO and rd2d2 on the other side. Also had the soundtrack of return of the Jedi with a nice poster. in total i did not have a lot of lp's and singles. (sold the bunch except my single of Jan Hammer Crockett's for sentimetal reason's when i first put that one on my player, my dad sad"is that music" Wwhen i started buying music,cd's where the new thing and the DCC cassete of philips and the mini disk from sony. I stuck with cd's

He said "is that music?" to Crockett's Theme? Man, that is Music with a capital M! Surprised

Oenyaw

usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 12:34 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Simon and Garfunkle "Bridge Over Troubled Water." It was new, I was 12.
wmri
Very Cool Member

russia.gif

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 2:24 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Jean Michel Jarre - En Attendant Cousteau (yes, with French title). Bought around 1995 with first CD player from Panasonic.

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2019 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2020 CBACK.de