EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

REDSHIFT?

maggior

usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:02 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Naus » wrote:
A lot of albums are available on Spotify, it doesn't beat owning the real thing but it's a nice alternative.
If you have a premium account and set it to stream at HQ it sounds pretty good.

I had a Spotify account for a while and thought it was great to see Redshift's entire catalog on there. If only RMI would put all of their releases up there too Smile.

Interesting feedback on MusicZeit. I've bought a lot of music there and will continue to do so. Bandcamp is great too - doesn't really matter to me. Bandcamp definitely is a more modern website though, that's for sure. Their downloads are wicked fast too.

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
RedshiftJulian

uk.gif

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:54 pm    Re: REDSHIFT? Reply with quoteBack to top

« Starwalker » wrote:
been a long while since redshift has released any new music does anyone know if they are working on anything

We are a bit short on Redshift band members at the moment. Just Mark and I.

James is in USA, and Ian Boddy, who kindly stepped in to make up numbers in James absence for the last three gigs, is fully occupied on his own work and other collaborations and does not regard himself as being a Redshift member anyway. Fair enough. Who knows - there may be a time when Ian considers helping us out again perhaps - but in the meantime Redshift would be more of a duo! Disappointingly, it is the first time since inception that we have not performed every two years (last gig was 2010) for this exact reason.

It is also hard work and risky to the old analogue equipment to transport it great distances - one of the reasons why Hampshire Jam was the only place we performed since 2004 E-Live in Eindhoven - (the last time the 'whole' of Redshift was together on stage you could say). HJ is no more and its fair to say Mark is not a natural marketeer so we have relied on promoters in the UK inviting us or making arrangements, and Ian was also the promoter for HJ gigs. We could also travel to the HJ gigs on the day in 1.5 hrs and be back for a Horlicks before bedtime in London you see!

We were invited to headline E-Live this coming October in Nederlands, but we are sadly not performing there on this occasion as Ian Boddy has instead arranged to collaborate with Mark as ARC there - different style wise (and equipment-wise) from Redshift of course. They will put on a good show and I might go to watch myself. Perhaps next year we may be there as Redshift...or as a subsection of.

Last edited by RedshiftJulian on Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

HiddenView user's profileSend private message    
dronescape
musical thief & thoroughly bad guy

blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:17 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

"It is also hard work and risky to the old analogue equipment to transport it great distances - one of the reasons why Hampshire Jam was the only place we performed since 2004 E-Live in Eindhoven [...] We could also travel to the HJ gigs on the day in 1.5 hrs and be back for a Horlicks before bedtime in London you see!"

This...

Stephen

HiddenView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
RedshiftJulian

uk.gif

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:42 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Stephen - I don't understand your reply. Please could you explain?

Last edited by RedshiftJulian on Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Graham
One of the Coolest Member

uk.gif

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:37 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't frequent this forum any more hence why I missed the discussion on MZ until someone mentioned it to me. I agree largely with qube's analysis. For the record Mark contacted me and asked himself why the Redshift albums were removed from MZ. So there was no unhappiness with the service from his perspective.

MZ was one of the very first sites to offer lossless downloads and continues to operate to this day offering a download service tuned primarily to EM tastes. MZ never has and never will (as far as I am aware) tie any band into the site and indeed encourages bands to use multiple download service providers.

Times have indeed moved on and ideally MZ does need updating but in the very competitive download market the financial case for investing the funds needed is not easy. For the record, MusicZeit is now 100% owned by Synthmusicdirect, I myself have no direct connection or involvement with the company and haven't for quite some time, though I continue to wish it well. From what I know it still continues to operate on a healthy footing.

With Perge, our primary release avenues have been Bandcamp and CDBaby, however we do also use MusicZeit and I have been pleasantly surprised with the healthy sales it generates. It seems to have a market of its own with little overlap to other download services.

I have no hesitation in continuing to use it in the future to supplement the other release services we use.

dronescape
musical thief & thoroughly bad guy

blank.gif

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:08 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« RedshiftJulian » wrote:
Stephen - I don't understand your reply. Please could you explain?

Im sorry, Julian... your statement -- which I couldnt quote properly -- pointed out exactly why I dont feel too keen on playing live anymore. I couldnt agree more with you.

Stephen

HiddenView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
RedshiftJulian

uk.gif

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:07 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

No problem! Pls see PM I sent you.

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2019 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2020 CBACK.de