EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Sensory++ needs your help (NOT commercial!)

jegelie

belgium.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:16 pm    Sensory++ needs your help (NOT commercial!) Reply with quoteBack to top

Pfff.... Sensory++ needs YOUR help.

For my concert setup I'm just short of a MIDI controller. I just need a few buttons and sliders... A Korg Nanokontrol 2 or so. My budgets have run out and I really need it...

If ANYONE has something like that and thinks "hey, a donation for a good cause", please contact me

Or, another possibility - donate on the bandcamp page any small amount you can spend. I only need 45 euro altogether.

Meanwhile, share this post as much as you can, so others become aware of the system I still hold as my ideal (giving music for free, and let fans decide what it's worth to them).

Also, propose friends to like the facebook page, for news and updates: https://www.facebook.com/SensoryPlusPlus

Share!!!

http://jegelie.bandcamp.com/

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteSkype Name    
phaedra2008
One of the Coolest Member

australia.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:41 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I can help you tonight when I get home, I am probably behind with 1 or 2 of thsoe bandcamp releases anyway Laughing

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
VCO1

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:50 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry but I'm not too happy with this kind of begging.
OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
jegelie

belgium.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:57 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi VCO1,

It is your good right to feel like this about it, and you're right too. I don't like begging too.

But considder selling music through commercial channels. How much of the income will eventually reach the artists?

And on top of that: if I just drank the money, this would be begging, yes. But fans get something in return too. They are mentioned, they are appreciated in return by the artist. It's a personal one-on-one interaction.

Nonetheless, I thank you for shedding some light on this side of the matter. I really appreciate your honesty about it, more people should dare to do this.

Furthermore, I'd like to point out that I'm able to stand there, giving that concert, solely by the help of the fans. If it wasn't for donations, I'd be playing just a kazoo there. Smile

Kindly yours,

Joost

BruecknerAmbient

germany.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:38 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Tell me if it worked, please - in the meanwhile, I'll make a list of all the equipment I still need... Laughing

jegelie

belgium.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:58 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Michael, so far it worked: I got the Alesis Multimix 8 FX USB, and the Focusrite Saffire LE soundcard. Also a little behringer sound input device, which is of no use...

And I'm able to let some CDs being made.

BruecknerAmbient

germany.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:01 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Great. Good luck with the project!

dronescape
musical thief & thoroughly bad guy

blank.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:07 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

A Kazoo is a nice instrument.

Stephen

HiddenView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
BruecknerAmbient

germany.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:22 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« dronescape » wrote:
A Kazoo is a nice instrument.

Stephen

It is indeed...

Just the other day, btw. I recorded / produced an extended ambiet track using the following equipment:

- an old watering-can (plastic, half full of water)

- my voice

- my iMacs built-in microphone

- a freeware audio editor (Audacity, actually...)

Turned out nicely, for my taste at least... Wink

phaedra2008

australia.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:12 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

“He has a right to criticize, who has a heart to help.” Abraham Lincoln

The problem with the Kazoo is it has no USB port, a bit like the green watering canister above Laughing

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
jegelie

belgium.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:04 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

@Michael,

I did something similar a mere 20 years ago. I recorded glasses and tin cans, also the sound of a wet finger across the edge of a crystal glass, and whisteling.

Together with some sounds from the Arp Axxe and Avatar, and the right amount of echo and reverb, it became one of the most beautiful intros I ever made.

I recorded with a walkman and used modded cassette decks to add a reversed delay.

I hope to put that one online soon; it's actually quite a good piece.

@Phaedra2008: LOL!!! Very Happy Laughing

jegelie

belgium.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:06 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

By the way, I received more than I needed, thanks to a very very generous donator Wink

The rest will go to the JX-10 I'm saving for.

VCO1

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:22 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I had a pretty long post here, which I might put up later. But there's one question I should probably ask you first... Why are you doing this?
BruecknerAmbient

germany.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:44 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« jegelie » wrote:
@Michael,

I did something similar a mere 20 years ago. I recorded glasses and tin cans, also the sound of a wet finger across the edge of a crystal glass, and whisteling.

Together with some sounds from the Arp Axxe and Avatar, and the right amount of echo and reverb, it became one of the most beautiful intros I ever made.

I recorded with a walkman and used modded cassette decks to add a reversed delay.

I hope to put that one online soon; it's actually quite a good piece.

@Phaedra2008: LOL!!! Very Happy Laughing

Yeah, sometimes limitation can prove a great trigger to creativity...

Then again, never wrong to have some decent equipment at hand, just in case You need it...

Wink

jegelie

belgium.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:50 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

VCO1,

Feel free to pm me or find me on Facebook to have a chat if you don't feel like posting it here.

I explained part of it in my reaction to your first post, sorry for that - I realised later that I immediately shot into defense.

I'm a hobbyist. And I'm an idealist. I make music for my own pleasure and entertainment. When I finished my first collection of tracks suitable for a CD release (Boundaries Of Infinity), I went scouting for a way to publish the works so more people could enjoy what I enjoyed making.

After reading various terms of record labels, I couldn't find myself bending over at there will. It felt like handing over my freedom, on a silver platter. My soul is my own.

Then I came across Jamendo, and I immediately fell in love with their values and virtues. I learned about Creative Commons. And it felt good. There is so much freedom in that because I do not have to "protect" anything.

In the meantime I learned more and more about how the commercial music business works - and it disgusts me really. To be honest, I draw them over one line together with real mafia. The things the Dutch and Belgian copyright watchdogs have mischieved up to now are beyond imagination and baffled me over and over again.

So that is why I prefer to release my music for free. I don't fear piracy either; in fact I subscribe to Russian fora where my music is hosted, to invite the viewers to download my music on Bandcamp for free legally.

But there is a second thing which plays part in my first post. And now I'm opening up a big personal side here...
I'm a family man, in an expensive house with lots of home improvement to do. My hobby is, and I'm expressing myself cautiously, "tolerated" - under the condition that no money flows into it anymore. Well, that's okay by me. Who needs a hundred synths when you can't play them all at once? I use my synths in depth, get out of it what's in it. And purely with donations, I thought - well I can get a third synth of that sooner or later.

That went well until I got the chance to perform live at the B-Wave Festival this year in Belgium. All of a sudden I have to adapt my studio and learn not to play serial, but parallel (if you get what I mean). So extra equipment was needed for my setup. And with the MIDI-controller I think I have it all complete so far. It was the one thing missing and keeping me from performing the tracks as they should sound.

I hope this is a thorough and perhaps inspiring explanation of my motives... but I'd like to hear (read) that long post of yours nonetheless. I'm very open to all sides of the story.

Kindest regards,

Joost

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2019 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2019 CBACK.de