EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Sensory++ needs your help (NOT commercial!)

BruecknerAmbient
One of the Coolest Member

germany.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:13 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
My hobby is, and I'm expressing myself cautiously, "tolerated" - under the condition that no money flows into it anymore.

Sounds familiar... Laughing

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
VCO1

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:33 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I guess your last post didn't make it any better... What was probably meant as a sincere insight into your personal situation, sounds to me like a pretty lame excuse for your begging (yes, I keep calling it that, even more so now).

You say " I'm a family man, in an expensive house with lots of home improvement to do." So your point is...!?

I tell you why I initially refrained from posting what is below. That is because I was afraid of blaming you for something you couldn't help. It could be you were somehow disabled, seriously ill, or otherwise unable to finance your hobby. But that doesn't seem to be the case. It's just because your family wants you to spend your money otherwise! And therefore you're openly asking for money - with nothing in return but 'your appreciation'. So without further ado, here's what I initially wrote down.

Good for you, you got some 'help'. I think it's quite pathetic what you're doing here (and yes, I'm totally aware this is harsh, but I'm pretty annoyed by this action of yours).

There's nothing wrong with financing your hobby through selling your music. But openly asking for money to buy a piece of equipment, with nothing in return but - your words! - the appreciation of ' the artist' classifies as begging in my book. I'm pretty sure that every drunk guy on the street soliciting money will 'appreciate' my gift as much as you do.

Why all this? Because this action of yours is unheard of. I think you should be ashamed.

BruecknerAmbient

germany.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:48 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

VCO1, I actually can't see why You get so annyoed by this; for at first, it's completely up to anyone personally if he or she wants to give Joost any support; I didn't (because I'm short of money myself, for similar reasons, in the first place - and because of this I also sympathise with him...) - but others did, obviously, so they didn't seem to have any problem, right?

Disagreements within one's own family is not a small thing for those who care about their partners...

Then, good excuse or not: it's just incorrect that this action is "never heard of" - actually, quite a few bands and musicians attempt to fund their activities via fund raising campagins these days, which, for me, is basically the same thing.

If Joost needs equipment for performing life, it's also not true that people don't get anything back; people (in general) do, given there's an audience enjoying his performance.

Actually, only one or two weeks ago I was seriously considering to try more or less the same thing: there was a (very) attractive special offer for one of my favorite sound tools ever, the Metasynth, which I couldn't afford to update for about 15 years by now, for similar reasons Joost is talking about.

I was already about to post about it on my FB timeline and ask listeners to purchase some albums, if they like, to fund the software. I didn't do it, then, but more because other things distracted me that for any other considerations...

To ask is no crime in my eyes.

Anyone can say yes or no or just ignore it, just as it suits her or him...

jegelie

belgium.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:55 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Point taken.

Though we could argue about this until even infinity reaches an end, I would like to put a little thing into perspective. The donators don't get "nothing" in return. People get free music (licensed under Creative Commons so it REMAINS free) in return, as well as a live performance and all the good that flows from that (recordings and such). And, not equally unimportant, the non-donators get these benefits as well.

I'm selling, but the customers determine the price. I just asked for a credit, to pull a job I couldn't do before.

But I must say you are right in most points - and I will not do this again in this way.

So thank you for your honest opinion which to me is constructive criticism.

Kindest regards,

Joost

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteSkype Name    
dronescape
musical thief & thoroughly bad guy

blank.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:02 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Is it over already?

I was just about to get me some popcorn...

Stephen

HiddenView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
BruecknerAmbient

germany.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:34 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« dronescape » wrote:
I was just about to get me some popcorn...

No problem... Cool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7UmUX68KtE

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2019 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2019 CBACK.de