EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

The DREAM is over! Sad

Alvaro
One of the Coolest Member

spain.gif

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:56 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« dronescape » wrote:
The film is nowhere near as bad as many people claim it was.

IMO it's a lot more atmospheric than the rather boring "Wages of Fear", starring Yves Montand.

Stephen

I agree. First time I saw the film I liked it, and the music, which is great by itself, improves the images.

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
dronescape
musical thief & thoroughly bad guy

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:54 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

As for the tribute album, is this only for former and current members of TD, or is there anything planned in the vein of the long-gone "To the skies and beyond the stars" album that commemorated the passing of Michael Garrison?

I'm not on Facebook, hence my ignorance...

Stephen

HiddenView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
Artemi

russia.gif

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:12 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I just hope they don't use TD name anymore.

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
thirdsystem

scotland.gif

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:45 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Alvaro » wrote:
« dronescape » wrote:
The film is nowhere near as bad as many people claim it was.

IMO it's a lot more atmospheric than the rather boring "Wages of Fear", starring Yves Montand.

Stephen

I agree. First time I saw the film I liked it, and the music, which is great by itself, improves the images.

I bought the Bluray last year. Hadn't seen the film since my teenage years. Thoroughly enjoyed it. That scene with the vehicle on the bridge is one of the most tense moments I have ever seen. Music is superb, really adds to the atmosphere of the film. My family also enjoyed it, as I continued their TD education Wink

Jon

norway.gif

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:51 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« dronescape » wrote:
As for the tribute album, is this only for former and current members of TD, or is there anything planned in the vein of the long-gone "To the skies and beyond the stars" album that commemorated the passing of Michael Garrison?

Stephen

We don't know yet.

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website    
Jon

norway.gif

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:59 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

About Friedkin, I find it a bit strange that he never worked with TD again, after the great experience he had with them on Sorcerer.

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website    
dronescape
musical thief & thoroughly bad guy

blank.gif

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:00 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Jon » wrote:
« dronescape » wrote:

Stephen

We don't know yet.

Einstein's Barber, the forum admin of the official TD forum, informed me that the tribute album is for former and current members of the band only. He pointed out that there might be other albums as well which are in no way affiliated with or endorsed by the band itself.

Stephen

HiddenView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
phaedra2008

australia.gif

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:02 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

That's right, the shock prompted some understandable reactions like a "memorial" concert/album by the current TD memebrs & keeping the TDI label going which will require ongoing material.

I still hope for some vintage material to be dusted off from the archives...

Back to reality on one hand we got several generations of ex TD members while on the other a parallel universe TD in the form of Loom.

As all good things come to an end, there will be a point in time when the world will move on.

No doubt we'll see a range of TD tributes flowing from various quarters but I can think 2 very appropriate memorial events:

- The announced concert by the curent TD memebrs.
- Against all odds a one off TD closure event (Bluray Razz ) by ex "Tangerine Dreamers" Franke/Baumann/Schmoelling & Jerome Froese (on guitar)

electrobs

sweden.gif

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:47 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Jerôme posted on his Facebook page that the Tangerine Dream is really over!

Thank You BIg J !!!

phaedra2008

australia.gif

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:10 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« electrobs » wrote:
Jerôme posted on his Facebook page that the Tangerine Dream is really over! Thank You BIg J !!!

Thanks Rob for the news, I have no social media accounts, antisocial I guess Laughing

Great that common sense prevails & let TD retire with dignity.

electrobs

sweden.gif

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:33 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« phaedra2008 » wrote:
« electrobs » wrote:
Jerôme posted on his Facebook page that the Tangerine Dream is really over! Thank You BIg J !!!

Thanks Rob for the news, I have no social media accounts, antisocial I guess Laughing

Great that common sense prevails & let TD retire with dignity.

I didn't have any facebook profile either (and i will absolutely never have one) - i use my wife's facebook sometimes and Jerôme accepted "her" friend request for a couple of weeks ago. facebook piracy Smile

BruecknerAmbient

germany.gif

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:08 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, this is Jerome's message from FB...

"(...)

Regarding Tangerine Dream: In the past I got asked so many times if I would carry on the TD torch or if I would continue with TD when Edgar retires and so on and my answer was always: NO!

And I'll keep it that way. Therefore, I won't support (or merge with) any kind of wannabe lineups, not now nor in the future. No tributes, no reunions, no further concerts under the name "Tangerine Dream".

People who know me in person also know that "opportunism" and "chumming up" are characteristics that I deeply abominate.

Tangerine Dream was my Dad and my Dad is dead and so is Tangerine Dream. It's that simple and it was bound to happen one day.

Thanks for listening, see you soon!
Best, Jerome

Grief is in two parts. The first is loss. The second is the remaking of life."

stevepalmer

wales.gif

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:34 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Good news Smile

Artemi

russia.gif

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:47 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks Jerome. Common sense prevails.

Alvaro

spain.gif

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:16 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Well done, Jerome. Wise words.

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2019 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2019 CBACK.de