EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

New Klaus Schulze album 2015

jmj713
Very Cool Member

usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:58 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

That's not a new album, this is a reissue from CW.
OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
Vignoble @ Co.
Site Admin

blank.gif

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:32 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

true, some additional info here

https://twitter.com/emportal

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website    
BruecknerAmbient
One of the Coolest Member

germany.gif

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:48 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

BOY - that gave me quite a shock! Shocked

...in vain, though - as the others already have pointed out, it's just a rerelease.

Rolling Eyes

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
pixie_twinkle

usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:50 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm so sorry, guys. I didn't recognize the title so I assumed it was new. I own Virtual Outback, but don't know anything else from the CW2 box, so this is a definite purchase for me.
BruecknerAmbient

germany.gif

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:37 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« pixie_twinkle » wrote:
I'm so sorry, guys. I didn't recognize the title so I assumed it was new. I own Virtual Outback, but don't know anything else from the CW2 box, so this is a definite purchase for me.

No problem - a little bit of adrenalin doesn't hurt... Wink

By the way: "Another Green Mile" actually is excellent (as most of CW2).

I especially love the English Horn...

Starwalker

usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:06 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I sampled it, disappointed, lots of vocals, i hate it.
HiddenView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail    
BruecknerAmbient

germany.gif

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:34 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Starwalker » wrote:
I sampled it, disappointed, lots of vocals, i hate it.

Well, as far as I remember there's one vocal centered section of less than five minutes - if that's a lot... Laughing

Anyway - I love it (especially the first part featuring the English Horn player).

pixie_twinkle

usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:37 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

So Another Green Mile: It's a beautiful cd. Got it for Christmas and listened to it. However, the bonus track is a mess on my version. The bonus is called Voice n Harmony. It's a terrific track, but at the end it starts to fade out, begins to fade into another track, then abruptly cuts off. Horrible. A nasty end to a gorgeous cd.
BruecknerAmbient

germany.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:44 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« pixie_twinkle » wrote:
So Another Green Mile: It's a beautiful cd. Got it for Christmas and listened to it. However, the bonus track is a mess on my version. The bonus is called Voice n Harmony. It's a terrific track, but at the end it starts to fade out, begins to fade into another track, then abruptly cuts off. Horrible. A nasty end to a gorgeous cd.

Well - I haven't heard that bonus track yet (as I have the original CD) but as far as I know they took it from "Adds and Edits" (CD 10 of the Contemporary Works I set) which consistet entirely of crossfaded / remixed bits of the other 9 CDs. Actually, in it's entirety "Adds & Edits" works for me, but I guess if they just took a little bit out of context - they ended up with the mess You just described, hmm.

Why don't these guys have some good ideas for a change...? Wink
I mean, it's not like there wasn't any suitable KS material for such an occasion...

Rolling Eyes

pixie_twinkle

usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:15 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I think you nailed it. They clearly just took the track directly from odds and ends. They could have fixed it in 30 seconds by adding a short fade at the end. Itsounds like no one actually listened to it before adding it. Wow. Oh well, it's a great CD apart from that. Kudos to KS, boo to whoever mastered the CD.
BruecknerAmbient

germany.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:12 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« pixie_twinkle » wrote:
I think you nailed it. They clearly just took the track directly from odds and ends. They could have fixed it in 30 seconds by adding a short fade at the end. Itsounds like no one actually listened to it before adding it. Wow. Oh well, it's a great CD apart from that. Kudos to KS, boo to whoever mastered the CD.

Indeed I'm very fond of that album, especially of the rather quiet and introspective first part with the English Horn...

xxx440Hz
Even more Cool Member

uk.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:13 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« pixie_twinkle » wrote:

Absolutely.

jmj713
Very Cool Member

usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:11 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

So what's the story with Silhouettes? Believe it or not, the page is still up at Amazon: https://www.amazon.de/dp/B00TKNQVLA/
jmj713
Very Cool Member

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:22 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

No new album in sight but we do have this:

Starwalker

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:13 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I sure hope its the original and not the manipulated like the last one.
HiddenView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail    

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2018 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2018 CBACK.de