EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Michael Garrison "gone but not forgotten"

Vignoble @ Co.
Site Admin

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 2:08 pm    Michael Garrison "gone but not forgotten" Reply with quoteBack to top

Still have good memories playing " In the Regions of Sunreturn " on my 1979 attic room. Seems a long time ago that Michael left Earth.

Any members remember this great Musician ?

https://twitter.com/emportal

Last edited by Vignoble @ Co. on Sun May 13, 2007 2:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website    
Mach die Fliege
Very Cool Member

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 2:12 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes yes Images is my absolute favourite of his albums. Also point of impact is excellent.
OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
dronescape
musical thief & thoroughly bad guy

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 3:48 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Alas, Mike seems to be forgotten somehow. You come across him just very rarely on such forums, and every proof of his existence has vanished from the internet so far (even garrisongs.com doesn

HiddenView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
Soul Hunter

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 4:05 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« dronescape » wrote:
Alas, Mike seems to be forgotten somehow. You come across him just very rarely on such forums, and every proof of his existence has vanished from the internet so far (even garrisongs.com doesn
dronescape

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 9:21 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

He died aged 47.

Stephen

redphil
One of the Coolest Member

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 11:59 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Ah yes, the Status Quo of the EM world. Smile

One of the early discoveries of my personal EM journey. I remember buying Eclipse and thinking he must be German. Well there was no way an American would be doing this sort of music was there ? Only Germans did EM back then. Didn't they ? His album was in with Schulze and TD.
I was lucky enough to see him live at the '94 Klemdag, where they ran over slightly. It must have been well after midnight when he came off stage.
Yes, he produced some really nice stuff. (as did Quo back then Smile )

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
Bert

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 12:09 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

My memories on Michael go back to Cologne where I met him in person; he was invited by Joerg Strawe of Cue Records Germany;
Ron Boots & friends were there, I remember Patrick Kosmos was also there (he just signed with the IC-label), Heike Mader from KLEM NRW, + Stephen Parsick (a guy who nobody knew, but who stated we would soon hear from him, & yes, damn right he was Smile
Must have some pics of that day somewhere...

Soul Hunter

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 1:24 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« dronescape » wrote:
He died aged 47.

Stephen

Still too young isn't it. Crying or Very sad

jesterpip

uk.gif

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 1:26 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

It would be nice to see some pictures of Michael in live action, I was all set to meet him in Cologne and a couple of weeks before I was badly injured in a car crash. Michael kept in touch throughout my recovery offering words of encouragement, which showed him for what he was a really nice man, the world lost a great person the day Michael died.
dronescape

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 1:34 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Bert » wrote:
My memories on Michael go back to Cologne where I met him in person; he was invited by Joerg Strawe of Cue Records Germany;
Ron Boots & friends were there, I remember Patrick Kosmos was also there (he just signed with the IC-label), Heike Mader from KLEM NRW, + Stephen Parsick (a guy who nobody knew, but who stated we would soon hear from him, & yes, damn right he was Smile
Must have some pics of that day somewhere...

Hah! You still remember that, Bert! Cool! Yes, I was (and still am, actually) infamous for my rather big mouth Smile...

Please don

Vignoble @ Co.
Site Admin

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 2:40 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Bert » wrote:
My memories on Michael go back to Cologne where I met him in person; must have some pics of that day somewhere...

I would love to see some pictures of this special musician and gentle person that created some unforgettable music. Unfortunately illness forced him to leave this world and prevented him to finish his " job ". He left us his works and precious memories; a legacy that will keep Michael " alive "

I would very much appreciate if there are members willing to upload personal pictures of Michael Garrison; a " tribute " to the man who finally discovered the Regions of Sunreturn.

https://twitter.com/emportal

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website    
VCO1

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 3:50 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Here ya go... (thanks to craigpadilla.com)

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
dronescape

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 9:15 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, that

René

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 11:14 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Not too familiar with his music, but what I heard is superb.
modulator_esp

uk.gif

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 12:55 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Just found this article whilst searching for something completely different

http://www.furious.com/perfect/michaelgarrison.html

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2018 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2018 CBACK.de