EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

(Another) Edgar Froese tribute radio show...

BruecknerAmbient
One of the Coolest Member

germany.gif

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:11 pm    (Another) Edgar Froese tribute radio show... Reply with quoteBack to top

..two shows rather, actually:

Next Sunday, March the 1st, and one week later, March the 8th, at 12:00 h (German time)
there will be two parts of a radio special dedicated to the memory of Edgar Froese, on modul303.

Here's the playlist of the first show:

01. Wolfgang Gsell - The Last Journey Of Edgar
02. Somnambule - Tribute To EF
03. Jack Hertz - Clipping Memories
04. Geir Opdal aka Untermensch - Froesosphere
05. Jon Johnson - Continuity Check
06. Przemyslaw Rudz - Goodbye, Edgar
07. Harald Nies - Future-Connexion
08. Michael Brückner - Everlasting Footsteps
09. Filterkaffee (Frank Rothe & Mario Schönwälder) - Outro (Dedicated to E. F.) Radio Edit
10. Loptus - Orbital

11. Edgar Froese - Specific Gravity of Smile
12. Edgar Froese - pa 701
13. Edgar Froese - NGC 891
14. Tangerine Dream - Mysterious Semblance

There's no playlist for the second show yet, but from the poster You can see it will feature tracks by:

- Phrozenlight
- Tim Kays
- Realtime
- Christian Fiesel
- Cousin Silas
- Paul Nicholson
- Helicon Wave

(...plus - I guess - some more original tracks by Edgar / TD again)

Here's the link to the modul303 homepage (where You find links to various web players...)

http://www.modul303.com/

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
dronescape
musical thief & thoroughly bad guy

blank.gif

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:41 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Somebody who calls himself "Untermensch" obviously isn't in command of German language and its implications.

Geez...

Stephen

HiddenView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
Maff
Very Cool Member

uk.gif

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:43 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« dronescape » wrote:
Somebody who calls himself "Untermensch" obviously isn't in command of German language and its implications.

Indeed. Yikes... Shocked

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
BruecknerAmbient

germany.gif

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:50 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« dronescape » wrote:

Geez...

Stephen

Well, Geir is from Norway; no idea how good or bad his German is (but some of those dark ambient guys like to flirt with certain implications...).

Rolling Eyes

Phrozenlight

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:41 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

der Untermensch is the opposite of der Übermensch ... what is wrong with that??

To call yourself Untermensch you say you are against Nazi's (Right-extremists) (the so called Übermenschen)....

Please tell me what is wrong with that seeing what is going on in the world at this moment.

HiddenView user's profileSend private message    
Maff
Very Cool Member

uk.gif

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:32 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Phrozenlight » wrote:
der Untermensch is the opposite of der Übermensch ... what is wrong with that??

To call yourself Untermensch you say you are against Nazi's (Right-extremists) (the so called Übermenschen)....

Please tell me what is wrong with that seeing what is going on in the world at this moment.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=untermensch

Personally if I were picking a name for my act, I'd Google it first just to be sure. Laughing

Phrozenlight

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:28 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

still the question: what is wrong?

HiddenView user's profileSend private message    
dronescape

blank.gif

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:59 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Phrozenlight » wrote:

This is some kind of reasoning I can't quite follow but there you go.

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Untermensch

Of voor degenen diens taalbehersing Mofrikaans niet al te best is:

http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Untermensch

Nuff said.

If this name was supposed to be an attention-getter, I'm sorry to have obliged to it.

Stephen

BruecknerAmbient

germany.gif

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:43 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

This brings to my mind that an old song by Blue Öyster Cult ist entitled "The Subhuman"; as far as I know, no one ever complained about that (...maybe someone should have? I like the song, btw. ) Rolling Eyes

I really think You can "read" the choice of that name in various ways, and I indeed tended to see a statement like:
"...I call myself "Untermensch", and I'm alright, therefore all those who you are calling like that are alright, too" in it.

If in doubt, why not ask Geir...? As far as I know him (I do a little bit from FB) he's neither dull nor does he appear to be a Nazi. Nice chap, actually...

Of course it's nothing new at all for punk bands, heavy metal bands, gothic bands or dark ambient or noise musicians to give themselves names that allude to war, death, torture, disasters, decay, decadence, rape, sin, insanity or just generally speaking the dark side of human nature...

Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Napalm Death, Rammstein, Hatebreed, Lustmord - I think You can easily add much more to this list.

I also remember a guy from Bielefeld who invented doombient, making albums with titles like "Höllenengel"... Laughing

Sorry, Gentlemen, but I think although "Untermensch" might not be the brightest project name ever, I actually can't see why there's so much fuzz about it... Rolling Eyes

Of course it's nice that You keep the post on top this way. Wink

Any comment on any other aspect of this event, btw.?

After all, poor Geir with his (probably) bad taste is not the only artist on the list...

dronescape

blank.gif

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:00 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

There is also a song by Throbbing Gristle, called "Subhuman", aimed at a specific sort of people.

I'd steer clear of idiologically stained terms... "Power Through Passion", as Audi UK once called it in the late 1990s. Until they found out what "Kraft durch Freude" actually was, that is...

Stephen

BruecknerAmbient

germany.gif

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:18 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« dronescape » wrote:
There is also a song by Throbbing Gristle, called "Subhuman", aimed at a specific sort of people.

I'd steer clear of idiologically stained terms... "Power Through Passion", as Audi UK once called it in the late 1990s. Until they found out what "Kraft durch Freude" actually was, that is...

Stephen

Actually, I saw "Kraft durch Freude" as a band name on some compilation just the other day, and I admit that I found that indeed tasteless (...made my alarm bell ringing much more than "Untermensch", no idea why).

Shocked

Yes, wise indeed to steer clear of such terms, I guess...

(Strange, for some reason this discussion makes me think of Blondie, no idea why; maybe because it's such an inoffensive band name...? Wink )

dronescape

blank.gif

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:53 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

When *punk* was all the rage, it was a hip thing to toy around with Fascist regalia and symbols, just to put people off. It became a bit of an old hat rather quickly because the initial shock value had worn off (a bit like Prince Harry wearing some swastika bandage around his arm... yawn).

If "shock value" is all your work has to offer, it's a tad pathetic.

Stephen

BruecknerAmbient

germany.gif

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:55 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« dronescape » wrote:
When *punk* was all the rage, it was a hip thing to toy around with Fascist regalia and symbols, just to put people off. It became a bit of an old hat rather quickly because the initial shock value had worn off (a bit like Prince Harry wearing some swastika bandage around his arm... yawn).

If "shock value" is all your work has to offer, it's a tad pathetic.

Stephen

Indeed...

A few weeks ago I was invited to a remix project of an Australian musician, a very active young guy, running a small netlabel, having a radio show, several well visited FB discussion pages - likeable and intelligent too (as far as one can judge that from the distance...). He's into dark wave (or something of that sort, never was too sure about all these genres...).

Anyway, I was interested, he sent his sounds, single tracks etc. When I started to give them a closer look recently, I found that he used parts of a speech by Hitler in his intro, and at other points of the song, which is otherwise not especially dark or anything.

Of course that makes me wonder; does this person flirt with fascism...?!? Actually, I don't think so. Maybe for a young Australian, Hitler is just some dark - maybe somewhat "exotic" - ingredient, more an "effect" than a statement.

Still, now I hesitate to do the remix; maybe I'll do, and just don't use the speech. Or use the famous speech from the Chaplin film instead. Hm......

modulator_esp

uk.gif

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:10 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

subhumans - from the cradle to the grave

BruecknerAmbient

germany.gif

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:55 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« modulator_esp » wrote:

Shocked Wink

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2019 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2019 CBACK.de