EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

The German EM label: Syngate

Syn303

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:39 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Hmm... all this CD versus CD-R talk makes me think hard about my next new traditional BS album this year, and who gets to release it ?

Guess i will make up my own mind when it's finished...

SynGate
Das German EM-Label

germany.gif

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:30 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey Syn,
you are the best example for CD vs. CD-R and you should know yourself very well how much Soundwave Traveller CDs !!! and how much Thru The SynGate CD-Rs !!! have been sold up today Very Happy

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail    
SynGate
Das German EM-Label

germany.gif

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:38 am    Re: CDRs Reply with quoteBack to top

« Larry » wrote:
Unfortunately I've had numerous CDRs go bad over the years - several early Pyramid Peak, several Traumklang, one Syn, a Synopsis, a Kubusschnitt and some others.

I'm certainly not bad mouthing any label - and Syngate has some outstanding(!) music on their label (maybe the best), but for the price

Larry, the quality of CD-Rs increased significantly in the last years and you can NOT compare early Pyramid Peak and Traumklang with todays standards from e.g. SynGate Records and towards the price please read my answer to EricDraven's comment. Please contact me thru e-mail and I send you a free copy of our new sampler and you can judge yourself Smile

SynGate
Das German EM-Label

germany.gif

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:13 am    To sum it up - you will miss great music with your justifica Reply with quoteBack to top

« EricDraven » wrote:
I'm sorry Lothar, but I'll never trust CDR-S, lifetime warranty or not. Maybe if the CDR-S from your label [as well as Synth Music Direct] were say, $5.00 or so, I'd probrably take a chance but paying close to $20.00 each is too pricey for something that has a short lifespan before becoming a fancy, exspensive drink coaster. I mean, after all blank CDR-S are dirt cheap nowadays something like $15.00 for 50 or 100 namebrand blanks and I'm sure way cheaper when bought in bulk. Nah, I'll stick with regular CDs thank you very much.

Hi EricDraven, your opinion is furtunately only a minority customers point of view. You should think about the following points:
That SynGate CD-Rs are sold by some shops for very high prices is not my decision. We live in the European Economy where everybody could make his own price. Nevertheless these shops sell quite a number of copies, so it seems to work for them. We at www.syngate.net sell them for 12,90EUR and we also sell the real CDs for 12,90EUR as we think the wholesale price is too high in general.
You on the other side of the Atlantic have of course another big problem. Due to your dubious politics your economy is very bad and 1 Dollar is only 0,75 EURO, that means a 12,90EUR CD has to be sold for 17,50 Dollars!!!
The production of a SynGate CD-R is MUCH higher than the production of a real CD. Meanwhile a 1000 copy CD production comes around 1,50 EUR for one CD. A HANDMADE (and this point is VERY important) SynGate CD-R production comes up to 4,50 EUR, so triple the price! Imagine it is not only the CD-R. There is the photo paper, the jewel case, the printing and the WORK by making every CD-R handmade with enthusiasm for the music. But now comes the main point:
A 500 or 1000 CD production costs a risk of money at a time, around 1000 EUR, a CD-R is more expensive, but the risk is ZERO as I produce only as much as I need. Another problem in the new Millennium is simply the fact that selling of CDs decreases significantly and so it is SIMPLY not efficient for SynGate.

To sum it up - you will miss great music with your justification Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:43 am    Re: To sum it up - you will miss great music with your justi Reply with quoteBack to top

« SynGate » wrote:
« EricDraven » wrote:
I'm sorry Lothar, but I'll never trust CDR-S, lifetime warranty or not. Maybe if the CDR-S from your label [as well as Synth Music Direct] were say, $5.00 or so, I'd probrably take a chance but paying close to $20.00 each is too pricey for something that has a short lifespan before becoming a fancy, exspensive drink coaster. I mean, after all blank CDR-S are dirt cheap nowadays something like $15.00 for 50 or 100 namebrand blanks and I'm sure way cheaper when bought in bulk. Nah, I'll stick with regular CDs thank you very much.

Hi EricDraven, your opinion is furtunately only a minority customers point of view. You should think about the following points:
That SynGate CD-Rs are sold by some shops for very high prices is not my decision. We live in the European Economy where everybody could make his own price. Nevertheless these shops sell quite a number of copies, so it seems to work for them. We at www.syngate.net sell them for 12,90EUR and we also sell the real CDs for 12,90EUR as we think the wholesale price is too high in general.
You on the other side of the Atlantic have of course another big problem. Due to your dubious politics your economy is very bad and 1 Dollar is only 0,75 EURO, that means a 12,90EUR CD has to be sold for 17,50 Dollars!!!
The production of a SynGate CD-R is MUCH higher than the production of a real CD. Meanwhile a 1000 copy CD production comes around 1,50 EUR for one CD. A HANDMADE (and this point is VERY important) SynGate CD-R production comes up to 4,50 EUR, so triple the price! Imagine it is not only the CD-R. There is the photo paper, the jewel case, the printing and the WORK by making every CD-R handmade with enthusiasm for the music. But now comes the main point:
A 500 or 1000 CD production costs a risk of money at a time, around 1000 EUR, a CD-R is more expensive, but the risk is ZERO as I produce only as much as I need. Another problem in the new Millennium is simply the fact that selling of CDs decreases significantly and so it is SIMPLY not efficient for SynGate.

To sum it up - you will miss great music with your justification Very Happy

nothing wrong with CD-r.

Musicians are empowered by them, this can only be a good thing. I do know that Eric sells some CD's at extortionate prices, and maybe it harder with CDR. I have always felt that Mr Draven is 'in it for the money' when it comes to EM cd's.
DIY or Die!

René

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:25 pm    Re: To sum it up - you will miss great music with your justi Reply with quoteBack to top

« hashtronaut » wrote:
nothing wrong with CD-r.

Musicians are empowered by them, this can only be a good thing. I do know that Eric sells some CD's at extortionate prices, and maybe it harder with CDR. I have always felt that Mr Draven is 'in it for the money' when it comes to EM cd's.
DIY or Die!

I agree on that one.

EricDraven

usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:50 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Ahhhh, so the truth behind certain people's snide remarks finally comes out. Of course, I knew, I was just waiting for some schlub to "break the ice". It seems certain members [you know who you are] here [and on the old EM forum] have always had a problem with the fact that I'm a dealer that sells collectible EM cds at prices they disapprove of. Even to the extent of making rude/childish remarks about it on completely different topics. So hastronaut and Rene, outside of your AMATEUR status as EM "musicians" you must have a day job right? It couldn't be that you're "in it for the money" could it? I mean, according to you two it's some sort of sin to make money. And what I sell my cds for is NONE of your business and certainly NO relevance to this discussion. Hashy me old mate, you have a total of 2 posts and one of them is a dig at me PERSONALLY. Don't know you from atom, so what gives you the right to slag me off? If you don't like my prices or whatever happens to offend you,no one's forcing you to buy from me.

Last edited by EricDraven on Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:33 am; edited 1 time in total

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
Vignoble @ Co.
Site Admin

blank.gif

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:20 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

finally we reached the meeting point :

There is nothing wrong with selling CDR's for a reasonable price.

If this works out fine everybody is happy : the seller because he made some money out of it and the buyer because he purchased some fine music for a reasonable price.

Guys it's not worth defending your territory if there is enough space for everybody Wink

https://twitter.com/emportal

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website    

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:53 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« EricDraven » wrote:
Ahhhh, so the truth behind certain people's snide remarks finally comes out. Of course, I knew, I was just waiting for some schlub to "break the ice". It seems certain members [you know who you are] here [and on the old EM forum] have always had a problem with the fact that I'm a dealer that sells collectible EM cds at prices they disapprove of. Even to the extent of making rude/childish remarks about it on completely different topics. So hastronaut and Rene, outside of your AMATEUR status as EM "musicians" you must have a day job right? It couldn't be that you're "in it for the money" could it? I mean, according to you two it's some sort of sin to make money. And what I sell my cds for is NONE of your business and certainly NO relevance to this discussion. Hashy me old mate, you have a total of 2 posts and one of them is a dig at me PERSONALLY. Don't know you from atom, so what gives you the right to slag me off? If you don't like my prices or whatever happens to offend you,no one's forcing you to buy from me.

no snide comments from me - i pride myself on my bluntness.

the nitty gritty for me is that you wont deal in CDR's unless they happen to be ones that you can get rid of at inflated prices. a waste of your money, but not someone elses.I think thats a bit naughty, thats all. I have no truck with you as a human being.

That is all i want to comment on this matter. I do not want to argue about it, we all have more interesting things to do.
Peace be with you Mr. Draven.

Seeker_UK
Even more Cool Member

uk.gif

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:10 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« EricDraven » wrote:
So hastronaut and Rene, outside of your AMATEUR status as EM "musicians" you must have a day job right? It couldn't be that you're "in it for the money" could it? I mean, according to you two it's some sort of sin to make money.

As an AMATEUR musician, I have a day job for money, which I then 'waste' on my hobby of making music. I'd be a bloody fool to think I could make a living from it. Wink

Personally, I don't have a problem with the prices you sell CDs at (it's a free market economy after all) but I find your view about CD-Rs a bit inconsistent; you don't trust them to last long but you sell some on knowing that. Odd.

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
René

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:13 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« EricDraven » wrote:
So hastronaut and Rene, outside of your AMATEUR status as EM "musicians" you must have a day job right? It couldn't be that you're "in it for the money" could it? I mean, according to you two it's some sort of sin to make money.

you must be in it for the money otherwise you wouldn't react like this. Yes, uhhh....me too. That's the cause of selling stuff in general. Why does someone sell something? Only farts are for free.

Yes, I am an amateur and I am a proud one too. But you seem to be an amateur too, but yet with some more difficulty as you may regard it as your dayjob. Bless your soul, man. My heart is with you, my friend. Embarassed Rolling Eyes

Phrozenlight
One of the Coolest Member

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:46 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

[quote:633fcfc087="Ren

HiddenView user's profileSend private message    

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:47 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

mixed up post

Last edited by Guest on Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:47 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

nah Its good stuff Mr Bert Smile
EricDraven

usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:36 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Peace out all! Smile
OfflineView user's profileSend private message    

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2019 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2022 CBACK.de